If I had to choose a metaphor for life I’d go with a white tee. Dressed up, dressed down, comfortable, casual, and cool: always ready for anything. My current full-time gig is staying home with my daughter Hadley but there is so much more to the job description; wife, friend, sister, high school golf coach, keeper of Belle Rat (our adopted poodle mix with an under-bite that won’t quit). I am the boss of schedules, master of multitasking, instigator of fun, and kisser of all that hurts. My Casual Mom is an outlet to share the things that inspire me, make me happy and move me to be better with each day. You can expect posts about Momming, Fashion and Travel but all in the most casual way. Like the perfect white T that is just waiting for a statement necklace, life is a blank slate ready for accessorizing. Thanks for joining me!
Get to know me better… 10 Questions
1.Do you have a go-to Karaoke song?
Good bye Earl by the Dixie Chicks
2. If you had to live somewhere other than Michigan, where would you live? Nashville
3. What is your sign?
4. What was your first car? A 1978 Cadillac Eldorado, I couldn’t even see over the steering wheel!
5. FAVORITE concert?
Tim McGraw hands down!
6. When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
A party planner!
7. What movie have you seen the most?
Dumb & Dumber; I love Jim Carey
8. What characteristic or personality trait of yours do you see the most in your daughter?
Her creative outlets. She loves to sing & dance. She loves art & using color. I loved all those things as a child.
9. What is your favorite meal?
Cajun tenderloin tips at a restaurant not far from my house. Stillwater Grille in Okemos, Michigan
10. Do you have a favorite color?